Quitting Trans Lucy causes loss of keyboard and mouse.

Quitting Trans Lucy causes loss of keyboard and mouse.

Postby nbits » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:56 pm

I see that there has not been a post to this forum in over two years. I hope I am not typing into a black hole. After approximately 1.5 years of relatively trouble-free use, quitting Trans Lucy now causes the underlying instance of the operating system (Mac OS X 10.7.3 Lion) to stop responding to all keyboard and mouse inputs, forcing me to reboot to regain control of the system. The freeze seems to be limited to the GUI, since I can still log in via SSH and type "shutdown now -r," for whatever that's worth, instead of holding down the reset button. This happened repeatedly, with Trans Lucy sometimes getting invoked automatically at login, or accidentally through a mistyped hot key, until yesterday, when prior to shutting down the system through a remote console I typed "rm -rf /Applications/Trans\
Lucy.app." I am currently compiling a list of other installation files that should be deleted before re-installing. Please reply to this posting if you either have experienced this problem, understand the cause, or have useful information pertaining to it.

ben
nbits

Re: Quitting Trans Lucy causes loss of keyboard and mouse.

Postby gb2 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:54 am

sorry Trans Lucy is not supported under Lion.
gb2
Site Admin

Re: Quitting Trans Lucy causes loss of keyboard and mouse.

Postby nbits » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:10 pm

gb2,

OK. Fair enough for a $15 application. You don't have to help me if you don't want to.

ben
nbits

Return to TL General Discussion