Perpetual registration ?

Perpetual registration ?

Postby Shaoolin » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:44 pm

Hi fellow translucyans,

I purchased Trans Lucy 2 a couple of weeks back. When I first ran the program, I entered my activation code as indicated in the e-mail I received. Since then, I've been asked to re-enter the code every single time I use the software. I've tried deleting the com.translucy.plist file in case it was corrupted but it did nothing.

Any clue ?

Thanks in advance.

Shao
Shaoolin

Postby gb2 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:57 pm

make sure you are running version 2.1.1
gb2
Site Admin

Re: Perpetual registration ?

Postby maxwellvisual » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:17 pm

I first downloaded and installed 2.1.1 (9) and ran it as a demo for 20 (of 30 days).

Upon purchase, I entered my name, company name, and activation key in order to stop the "About Trans Lucy" window from displaying, upon program launch. But, it's--still--doing it every time I launch the program--even after activation and registration. AND, it loses my activation/registration details every time!

I, also, tried uninstalling (with AppZapper) and reinstalling. This did not resolve the issue.

-----

- Any help would be great. I recommended this software to others--while using the demo--and, now, I may have to withdraw that recommendation.
- I sure hope my "demo" doesn't run out in the next week.

Thank you!

Rob
maxwellvisual

Postby gb2 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:54 pm

what version of the OS? Try running Disk Utility in your Utilities folder and doing "Repair Disk Permissions" and then try reentering your activation key.
gb2
Site Admin

Postby maxwellvisual » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:31 pm

gb2,

Thanks for the suggestion.

- I quit Trans Lucy 2
- Started Disk Utility (from the Finder... Shift + CMD + U, then open Disk Utility)
- Went to the hard drive, then partition where Trans Lucy is installed (in my case... "Macintosh HD")
- Clicked "Repair Disk Permissions"
(Sorry... I'm "spelling it out" for anyone else who may view this thread in the future.)

After that completed...
- I started Trans Lucy 2

Now...
I didn't see Disk Utility > Repair Disk Permissions touch anything related to your software (and, I don't have the most advanced knowledge of OS X), but...
- Trans Lucy (2.1.1) started up and resumed playing a DVD that I had, previously, started
- No "About Trans Lucy" window appeared
- Activation details were retained

Thank you for the prompt help!

Take care,

Rob
maxwellvisual

Return to TL General Discussion