So I'm guessing this can't be done

So I'm guessing this can't be done

Postby negativebase » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:51 pm

I can't execute an action 3 seconds after QuicKeys quits?
If I can't I would expect that I shouldn't be able to set it up.
and if I can it doesn't seem to be working.

I wanted to move my local shortcuts to a server where I have different computers subscribed to a folder. When I make new shortcuts they are stored locally. I then have to move those shortcuts to the server. Which I don't think it's moving the shortcuts at all. I think it's copying them. When I experimented with moving the shortcuts it seems to just copy them to the server instead of moving them. Is this broken?

Any thoughts?
thanks.
negativebase

Postby gb2 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:49 pm

you are correct you can't execute anything after QuicKeys has quit. I think a move on the same volume will delete the source folder but I think that a move to a different volume does not. I don't see why you want to delete them from your local copy, why not just leave them there so that you can edit them when you need to? If you need to delete them you could create a Open Items shortcut that would open the folder in the Finder and then you delete them after quitting QuicKeys.
gb2
Site Admin

move to another volume

Postby negativebase » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:02 pm

Well I'm trying to create QuicKeys that will run independent of machine. i.e.:No commands are screen size dependent. . Often I author shortcuts on one machine and need to run them on several I need to keep all machines using the same shortcuts at all times many times if they load from the server and I have the same ones local I have no way of being able to tell which are local and which are remote and I've already found out that deleting them form the QuicKeys window deletes them locally and remotely. I'd rather store them all remotely on the server so that all QuicKey's are referencing an editing from the server.
negativebase

Postby gb2 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:34 am

if you have them all shared in another folder then any that you create would go into your local folder. Use the Move shortcut to move your local shortcuts to the shared folder and then use a Open Items shortcut to open your local shortcuts folder in the Finder. Quit QuicKeys and remove all the shortcuts in your local shortcuts folder and then start QuicKeys again.
gb2
Site Admin

Return to QKM General Discussion