trigger/not trigger with text entry fields

trigger/not trigger with text entry fields

Postby Felix » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:26 am

Hi Forum,

I'd like to execute certain shortcuts only when a text entry field is open or the opposite, is not open. I checked trigger options, subscopes and decisions but couldn't find anything so far.

does anybody know if there's a way to do this?
Felix

Re: trigger/not trigger with text entry fields

Postby gb2 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:54 am

there is no direct way for QuicKeys to do that. If you give more details as to what program and fields you are trying to work with maybe I could come up with something.
gb2
Site Admin

Postby Felix » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:11 am

It's mostly for AVID Pro Tools.

I want to use some shortcuts that have a single letter or shift-letter trigger. When a text field (any text prompt from renaming, marker comments, session naming...) is open and I push that trigger key, the keystroke is entered as "text", but that's obviously desirable. My idea was that the shortcut could decide if a text field is active.

The other thing is, I want to make QK switch my input language when a text field is active.
Felix

Postby gb2 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:58 am

there would be no way to test for being in a text field, you would have to do something manually to get the single letter triggers to turn off so that you can use them for normal typing. You could have all of the single letter triggers in a Subscope and be switched to that subscope to have them active. When you don't want them triggering switch out of that Subscope. Or you could setup in preferences on the Triggers tab a hot key for the "Toggle triggers with hot key" option and just hit it when you want to type normally and then again when you want the triggers working again.
gb2
Site Admin

Postby Felix » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:07 am

thanks gb2! that would be the proper workaround.
I usually just push alt-ctrl-Q during text entries.
Felix

Return to QKM General Discussion