"Check for menu item" does not work

"Check for menu item" does not work

Postby Sepp » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:32 pm

I would like to toggle the option window in Finder on and off.
A step in the shortcut should therefore checks if the menu item "Hide Option window" (or similar, I'm working with the german language) in Finder exists, and should assign "0" to a global, if successful (= menu item exists) , else a "1". But no way, the step always returns a success, regardless if the said menu item exists or not.

I assigned a stop with dialog to the steps success, checked in the Finder to make sure the said menu item DID NOT EXIST, then run the shortcut, but alas, the following message says that:
"Step number 5 named "Check for Darstellungsoptionen ausblenden in menu Darstellung" succeeded with the description:

Did menu action."

Is that a bug or what should I do?
Regards
Sepp

PS: OSX 10.6.8 running on a midyear 2011 MBP
Sepp

Re: "Check for menu item" does not work

Postby gb2 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:05 am

that is a know issue and is in our bug database. If you don't need to know what state it is in then you can just do the hot key for that item multiple times to open and close it.
gb2
Site Admin

Postby Sepp » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:56 pm

Well, I DO need to know what state it is in... because I have quite a few shortcuts with those "check for menu item" things, which do different things according to the menu presence...
Is there a timetable for fixing this bug?
Sepp
Sepp

Postby gb2 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:25 pm

gb2
Site Admin

Postby Sepp » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:37 am

I've read that, but I did not refer to Lion, because I still work with OS X 10.6.8. Do you want to say, there will not be a bug fix for Snow Leopard?
Sepp
Sepp

Postby gb2 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:19 am

as I understand the plans QuicKeys will be updated to work with Lion first. I can't say how many or if any bugs for Leopard or Snow Leopard will made at that time or in another update after that.
gb2
Site Admin

Return to QKM General Discussion