Subscribe to Shortcuts... Application Path

Subscribe to Shortcuts... Application Path

Postby skillet » Mon May 28, 2012 12:25 pm

I am using Hazel to move my shortcuts three hours after creation (since QuicKeys freaks out if it moves right away and needs to be closed and opened first) to a dropbox location and then subscribing to my shortcuts on my other computers. This seems to be the workaround since there isn't dropbox support built into QuicKeys.

I haven't run into this problem with other applications but for some reason my Pomodoro app which has the same name and relative file path on my home computer as my work computer is not registering key commands that are targeted at that specific app. I have to go in and manually relink it to that app by choosing "Select Application..." for the target application. If I just select Pomodoro from home to try to reassign it from the open applications that still doesn't trigger it to work in this app. Also it doesn't add a second Pomodoro app on the side for applications which makes me think it thinks it is the same application, this is very confusing.

How does QuicKeys reference targeted applications? Is there some sort of ID that may be different on my home computer for this same app which has the same name on both computers?

skillet

Re: Subscribe to Shortcuts... Application Path

Postby gb2 » Tue May 29, 2012 10:45 am

QuicKeys isn't going to see any changes to shortcuts on the machine you are transferring them to unless you have quit it and restarted.
gb2
Site Admin

Postby skillet » Tue May 29, 2012 10:48 am

Sorry, I probably should have mentioned that I have restarted QuicKeys, when I said it works for the other apps (I have even done a complete shutdown of the machine). Do you know how it references the app? What if I have two of the same app on the computer with the same version would that mess it up? I don't think I do but not sure how to troubleshoot this problem.

Thanks, Adam
skillet

Postby gb2 » Tue May 29, 2012 12:07 pm

Please use the following link to Contact Support.
gb2
Site Admin

Return to QKM General Discussion