Wake computer x minutes before doesn't work

Wake computer x minutes before doesn't work

Postby troy4444 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:05 am

Just updated my first machine to 10.7.4 as a testing ground for problems...
I use a number of QuicKeys in the early am to do various things.
The first 'event' of the day is assigned to wake the computer one minute before the event trigger time.
The system does NOT wake up ....
anyone else seeing this or have a solution?

Many thanx
Troy-
troy4444

Re: Wake computer x minutes before doesn't work

Postby gb2 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:51 am

haven't heard of any problems like this. What version of the OS did you update from? Please use the following link to Contact Support.
gb2
Site Admin

Postby troy4444 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:24 am

I updated from 10.6.8 to 10.7.4 -
I also just trashed my library/pref/systemconfiguration - autowake and powermanagement .plist files.
because a few 'googles' mentioned they had corrupt files after their update, so I trashed and restarted
to no avail.
I may have spelled one of the above wrong -

any help is appreciated, if you create a QuicKey that say, displays a message at 11:01 am. and you set the trigger to wake the computer 1 minute before the QuicKey. THEN you put the computer to sleep, does the key wake the computer AND the screen at 11:00? (my test cpu is an iMac, so the external screen concept doesn't apply.)

If I do the above, the QuicKey DOES trigger and the message appears, but the screen does NOT wake up (I must hit a key to wake) and I think that is causing some problems in these extensive QKs I have running in the early am.

Specifically - I am automatically exporting data from FMP into vCard format and then importing into address book, fine.
It works flawlessly on 10.6.8 but not on the 'sleeping' 10.7.4 machine, where the QuicKey fails is at a point where there is the 'import' dialog window on screen and NO MATTER what I program as far as AppleScript it will not 'click' the import button, I use either 'use keystroke' or even the hex and neither works.
IF the computer is awake and the screen is awake then it works great... only when the screen is 'asleep' does it fail....
whew... sorry for all that , but wanted to let you know what I'm doing and where the problem lies....
I appreciate you 'listening' lol =)
any thought?
troy4444

Postby Brody » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:03 pm

How do you tell QK to wake up the Mac?
I only found a sleep option in QK.

thanks
Brody

Postby troy4444 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:19 pm

While assigning a 'trigger' to your QuicKey, select day/time, the option to wake or start the computer is in the bottom of that window. AND the scope must be assigned to the 'all applications' 'set' in order to have the option to 'wake' available.
all the best...

As a sidebar to my original problem, I have now updated my MacPro to 10.7.4 and it DOES wake for the QuicKeys that I have programmed. The iMac unfortunately still does not... progress not perfection...
cheers
troy4444

Postby Brody » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:21 pm

Thanks a lot Troy for your answer.
Also glad you resolved your problem!
Brody

Return to QKM General Discussion