Anyway to create groups of shortcuts in QuicKeys Editor?

Anyway to create groups of shortcuts in QuicKeys Editor?

Postby m021478 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:48 pm

I now have nearly a hundred shortcuts that show up in the QuicKeys editor list of shortcuts, and I was wondering if there is anyway to create groups/folders for these shortcuts to keep similar shortcuts together to ease browsing through all of them? For example, I have about 20 shortcuts that simply launch an application with a specified keyboard shortcut, and it would be great if these could all appear in the QuicKeys editor list grouped together in a single folder which could be collapsed or expanded...is this possible? if not, this would be an excellent addition to the application in future builds/releases...
m021478

Postby gb2 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:22 pm

entered - ID 3731

I have all my Open shortcuts named like this "Open - FileMaker", "Open - Mail" so they sort together. Actually I have placed a descriptive word in front of all of my shortcuts so that they can be organized the way I want.
gb2
Site Admin

Postby m021478 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:39 am

That's how I have also jerry-rigged things to work...as kind of a workaround to a feature that just seems like a truly logical addition to the application...

problem for me though is that this also causes the items in one of the toolbars I have setup to show the additional text as well...which is something that goes without saying I would like to avoid! Also, its a pain that I am not able to view all of my shortcuts on one screen when the QuicKeys editor is maximized (even on my 30" Cinema Display)...

Adding organizational folders/categories would be ideal...something along the lines of folders that expand and collapse with a drop down arrow (like folders in the Mac OS do when viewed in 'list view') would be perfect...
m021478

Return to QKM General Discussion