Media Composer shortcut help

Media Composer shortcut help

Postby citpeks2000 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:17 am

New user here, and I have a question about a shortcut for Media Composer.

When grouping several clips, I first lay them all out in a sequence with the video tracks stacked on top of each other. Then I have QuicKeys stop at each headframe in the sequence and make an add edit. I then just set that shortcut on a repeat loop to work it's way through the sequence.

The problem I'm having is letting QuicKeys know when it's reached the end of the sequence. It's impossible to know in advance how many times I'll have to repeat the shortcut. If I under estimate, it won't finish. If I over estimate, then I waste time.

Does anyone know if there's any way to get QuicKeys to stop at a certain timecode, or when it reaches the end of the sequence?

Thanks
citpeks2000

Re: Media Composer shortcut help

Postby gb2 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:12 am

not having the program and knowing exactly what you are talking about, the only advice I can give is:
1) setting up the Begin Repeat Loop to ask for the number of times you want it to repeat at the start
2) if there is someway of using one of the Check Decision steps to test when there are no more things to process
3) going to the Media Composer forum and seeing if anyone there has figured out a solution
gb2
Site Admin

Return to QKM General Discussion