explain window types

explain window types

Postby pianoman » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:34 am

I am using QuicKeys 4.0.7; in creating a click shortcut, I see that I can select window type in the 'click relative to window' menu; I cannot find any explanation for these types of windows in the help guide; for example, no clue what a sheet is, or palette, or document, or drawer, or drawer on document or drawer on palette, etc etc;

am I missing seeing an explanation of these terms in the user guide? anywhere else?

thanks!
pianoman

Re: explain window types

Postby gb2 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:15 am

there are no definitions in our manual because they are common elements that should be explained by Apple documentation that you get with your computer. I did a quick search and found this Apple Style Guide that you should be able to look up terms in.
gb2
Site Admin

Postby pianoman » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:29 pm

Why use jargon that only developers use/understand, when QuicKeys is supposed to be for ordinary users, not developers!

I looked through the style guide and still have no clue how to set up my click shortcuts using those windows types; I'll try calling tech support and hopefully they can explain them.
pianoman

Postby gb2 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:30 am

those terms are not only used by developers, they are names used by every Mac program. They should have been defined in documentation that you received when you bought your computer. There is no phone support.

Document - application editing windows
Palette - a floating window or toolbar that contains tools
Sheet - a window that slides down from the window title
Drawer - a window that is attached to or slides out of another window

you should use the Set Location button to setup a Click step. It should pick the correct setting for the Window Type.
gb2
Site Admin

Return to QKM General Discussion