QuicKeys Shortcut Open

QuicKeys Shortcut Open

Postby skillet » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:44 pm

Is there a preference that you can allow the QuicKeys shortcut to work when it is open in the background? Do you always have to close the shortcut before it can be invoked by a key command. If I save it and leave it open it still doesn't work and I always have to press cmd+option+p or press the play button to get it to run. Almost every time I like to leave the actions open and test them out with the shortcut but have to close them first.
skillet

Re: QuicKeys Shortcut Open

Postby gb2 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:07 pm

there is no preference - they have to be closed to trigger. You need to look into the Instant Shortcut - page 71 of the manual. It will do what you want. You just copy the shortcut contents that you are working on and paste into the Instant Shortcut. You also don't have the problem of if you screwed up the shortcut by your changes you don't have to remember how it was or go to a backup to get it working again.
gb2
Site Admin

Re: QuicKeys Shortcut Open

Postby skillet » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:04 pm

Okay cool thanks, I thought that might be what was said. I have two shortcut keys set up for instant shortcut and to play instant shortcut I set up earlier today. I have come back to the instant shortcut several times but could never figure out from reading the manual until today that you assign a shortcut key by creating a new shortcut or as named in the manual a "Normal Shortcut" and then assign a shortcut to that which triggers the Instant Shortcut. The terminology all overlaps a bit and gets a little confusing. I think I would have got it years ago if there were two screenshots side by side in the manual, one with the instant shortcut and one with the new shortcut assigned a shortcut that had the trigger the Instant shortcut listed.

Thanks for the help and suggestion.
skillet

Return to QKM General Discussion