Can't open - from unidentified developer

Can't open - from unidentified developer

Postby gb2 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:01 pm

If you get the following message or one similar when you try to open QuicKeys for the first time:

Right-click (or control-click) depending on what kind of mouse you have in the Finder the QuicKeys application that should be in the Applications folder and from the pop-up menu select Open. You will then get the following message which you should press the Open button:
Once you have done this you will not get these message again unless you download QuicKeys again for some reason.
gb2
Site Admin

Re: Can't open - from unidentified developer

Postby Rew » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:03 pm

Hi gb2, this works so thanks but for some reason it's not remembering my settings and I have to keep going to the applications folder to open QuicKeys and tell it that I'm sure I want to open it to get it too work. Any idea why it keeps doing this?
Rew

Re: Can't open - from unidentified developer

Postby gb2 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:16 am

I would try and fix permissions on your hard drive and if that doesn't work you would have to contact Apple. Sounds like wherever the OS is storing that setting it can't write it out. That is totally handled by the OS and QuicKeys is not involved with that setting whatsoever.
gb2
Site Admin

Return to QKM General Discussion