QuicKeys and CopyPaste Pro 3.5

QuicKeys and CopyPaste Pro 3.5

Postby Gerry » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:12 pm

With the introduction of 10.9, CopyPaste Pro was broken. They've now updated it to make it compatible with 10.9 and it works fine--unless QuicKeys is operational. If QuicKeys and CopyPaste Pro are both running the systems ⌘C is disabled system wide. There is no flicker of the "edit" dropdown when the copy is initiated, nothing is stored in the buffer. Neither does the drop-down approach work. Copy is just disable.

When I quit QuicKeys, CopyPaste Pro works again.

Is there any kind of work around to get QuicKeys to play nice with CopyPaste Pro?

-- Gerry
Gerry

Re: QuicKeys and CopyPaste Pro 3.5

Postby gb2 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:13 pm

I would say that you should contact them about the problem - they might need to readdress their fix. I don't believe that QuicKeys does anything fancy with Copy - if anything it uses standard system calls and doesn't do any fancy patching of anything. If it worked with QuicKeys prior to 10.9 then it is probably something that they need to address.
gb2
Site Admin

Postby Gerry » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:47 pm

I've already contacted the CopyPaste crew at PlumAmazing software. If they provide any input of note, I'll relay it here.

I've also figured out a work-around this morning for any other hapless bystanders:

Create a QuicKeys shortcut, assign ⌘C as the hot key under “Scopes & Triggers” ensuring the default of “All applications" and "All parts of all applications”.

Add one shortcut step: User Actions > Menus > Menu Selection. The “Menu for Action” options are "Menu: Edit" and "Menu Item: Copy".  No other options need be selected.  Save it as something you can easily search for such as "Copy (CopyPaste Pro)”.

Alternatively, you can use the “Create” drop down in the QuicKeys Editor, select “Menu Selection” and take that route in creating the same shortcut.

All this does is turn the usual Apple copy hot key into a menu selection.
Gerry

Postby zooid » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:14 am

Thanks for this post, Gerry
It DOES enable the OS Copy function once again, but it seems that CopyPaste's ability to assign a clip to a number remains disabled
Is that also your experience?
Thanks!
zooid

Postby Gerry » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:53 am

I can't say regarding number assignation--I've never used that. I just hammer on ⌘C twice, holding the ⌘ key down and there is a display of previous clips. I don't use about 95% of CopyPaste's myriad abilities.
Gerry

Return to QKM General Discussion