Where are Abbreviations Stored

Where are Abbreviations Stored

Postby antpix » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:00 am

Hi there, I'd like to import my abbreviations which I created on a previous hard disc which I've replaced with an SSD, I've got the old HD hooked up and all I can see is the QuicKeys application, I can't find where the preferences/database is for shortcuts and Abbreviations are on the old HD.

Please point me towards where the import function should be looking to, thanks

MBP, OS 10.6.8 QK4

ATB

Ant
antpix

Re: Where are Abbreviations Stored

Postby gb2 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:29 am

I would copy over the entire QuicKeys folder instead of importing. Quit QuicKeys first and then copy over the QuicKeys folder located on your old hard drive in your Home folder at Home/Library/QuicKeys to the same location on the new drive.
gb2
Site Admin

Postby antpix » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:06 am

Tried it, didn't work though, it just defaults back to the base software, including a 'test' abbreviation which I've created to see if it does or doesn't over write.

If there are any other things to try, it would be greatly appreciated, however it's not the end of the world if it's not possible.

Thanks,
antpix

Postby gb2 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:44 am

if it isn't overwriting the ones that you had on the new drive then you are probably not getting it into the correct location or the one you are copying over isn't the correct folder. Did you see the QuicKeys folder on the new drive and did it say that it was going to replace it?
gb2
Site Admin

Return to QKM General Discussion