Subscription Update

Subscription Update

Postby zimbop » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:51 pm

When I boot my mac I get a warning saying that QuicKeys couldn't open some subscriptions because they are QK3 not QK4 format. It's hard to tell which ones they are as the window doesn't show the whole path, nor does it say how they can be updated. I'd be grateful for any help.
zimbop

Re: Subscription Update

Postby gb2 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:11 am

they would be in whatever folder you setup to be subscribed to. Go into the File menu and select Subscribe to Shortcuts and that dialog will resize to show the whole path. I think the only way to tell the difference between the QuicKeys X3 and QuicKeys 4 shortcuts would be to control-click or right click on each one. If there is a menu item in the contextual menu that is Show Package Contents then it is QuicKeys 4. If it doesn't have that item it is QuicKeys X3. You would quit QuicKeys and throw the QuicKeys X3 shortcuts into the Shortcuts folder to have them converted. The Shortcuts folder is located in your Home folder at Home/Library/QuicKeys/Shortcuts. Then launch QuicKeys and they should be converted. Quit QuicKeys and move them back into the Subscribed folder and launch QuicKeys.
gb2
Site Admin

Return to QKM General Discussion