Re: Zoom X11 window in OS X 10.10

Postby Komponistkalle » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:41 am

Hi!

Has anyone been able to construct a shortcut to successfully zoom windows in X11? I can't get it to work.

It worked in 10.8. I haven’t tried in 10.9.

I really need to use Inkscape, which runs under X11 (XQuartz.app). I’ve tried everything but to no avail.

More specifically: it seems that ”Set Location” in ”click” (click at location…) can’t assign clicks ”Relative To:” ”Window”. Only ”Relative To:” ”Display”. And that only works for the first window (subsequent windows has not the same position on screen). The more native version (Zoom Window) doesn’t work, no matter how I tweak it, but that’s less surprising with non native stuff like X11.

Any ideas? Am I missing something obvious?

Kristian
Komponistkalle

Postby gb2 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:28 am

I don't know about previous versions of X11 but the one you are talking about it will not work with QuicKeys. Using Accessibility Inspector it doesn't show the windows as windows so QuicKeys could only do the clicks relative to Display
gb2
Site Admin

Postby Komponistkalle » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:39 pm

OK. Thanks for trying that out.

I can't get it to work with any program at all, that is: click relative to window. Should that work? I have enabled QuicKeys and QuicKeysUserEventHelper in the Privacy section of Security & Privacy. Should I delete them and add them once more?

"Record Me" doesn't work either. Should it work?

All the best,
Kristian
Komponistkalle

Postby gb2 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:19 pm

yes those things should work with normal programs. The OS is causing many problems with Accessibility, it looks like it is setup correctly but it isn't for some reason. Yes remove them add them back in and try again. Make sure you don't have two copies of QuicKeys on your machine also - the OS might get confused.
gb2
Site Admin

Return to QKM General Discussion