iHome bluetooth wireless keyboard

iHome bluetooth wireless keyboard

Postby Terry50 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:46 am

Hi,
Merry Christmas :D
I got a iHome bluetooth wireless keyboard. I figured I would have to make some adjustments from my previous Apple keyboard. None of the QuicKeys seem to work and the Apple shortcuts seem to be missing also.

I run 10.9.5 mac os.
In system preferences, I can't find a spot where you choose Fn to activate or not in the keyboard section.

Thank you
Terry :D
Terry50

Re: iHome bluetooth wireless keyboard

Postby gb2 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:37 am

not sure what you mean by the Apple shortcuts are missing also and how to choose Fn to activate or not? Sounds like you just don't have the keyboard working on the computer in general.
gb2
Site Admin

Postby Terry50 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:51 pm

go to systems preferences; keyboard. Go to tab keyboard.
With a regular Apple keyboard there is a box to be checked depending on how you plan to use the fn button.
In iHome, that checkbox isn't there.

I guess you would have to have an iHome keyboard to see which Apple shortcuts are missing.
go to systems preferences; keyboard. Go to tab Shortcuts.
That's OK. I'll work it out. I was thinking somebody had experience with the iHome
Terry50

Postby gb2 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:47 pm

I think the checkbox you are referring to is:
Use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys - When this option is selected, press the Fn key to use the special features printed on each key.
I've seen that checkbox not show up when I have an older Apple keyboard attached that doesn't have a Fn key on it. So the OS is probably not recognizing that keyboard properly or you need to install a driver for the keyboard from the maker of the keyboard.
gb2
Site Admin

Return to QKM General Discussion