Change Mouse tracking speed?

Change Mouse tracking speed?

Postby jefferis » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:37 am

I think I remember old QK for OS 9 that allowed you to modify mouse tracking speed, but I don't see anything like that in QK X 2. Is there a way to speed up and slow down the mouse tracking?
jefferis

Postby gb2 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:08 pm

there was something for Real Time recording in the OS 9 version, but that isn't in the OS X version. Are you wanting this for the Mouse Recording shortcut? You should be able to most things without having to use Mouse Recording. What are you trying to do?
gb2
Site Admin

Switch speeds of tracking

Postby jefferis » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:14 pm

I have a logitech mouse and sometimes it needs to be recharged and I need to plug in the slower speed apple mouse usb. I'd like a command key to change the tracking either incrementally up or down, or from medium to fast, and vice versa. I started to record events but opening the Sys Prefs>Keyboard & Mouse> mouse tab and then move the slider, doesn't translate well with positioning or with dialog box names. I think this probably has to be done with a terminal command. Not sure.
jefferis

Postby gb2 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:00 pm

you should be able to do it with QuicKeys. Here are some steps that I was able to accomplish what you wanted. You have to have Full keyboard access set to All controls under the Keyboard Shortcuts tab. Starting on step 8 I just do a bunch of Left Arrows so that it takes the slider its lowest value and then bring it up with Right Arrows to the setting I want it to finish on. Maybe you just want to use steps 1 thru 5 to get you to the dialog and then you can manually change the slider to what you want. You are probably having problems because you need the Pauses between some of the steps so that the interface has time to switch to the next view.

step 1 - Switch Applications with System Preferences specified
step 2 - Pause for 1.5 seconds
step 3 - Select Menu with View and Keyboard & Mouse
step 4 - Pause for 1.0 second
step 5 - Click on the Mouse tab
step 6 - Type Keystroke of Tab
step 7 - Type Keystroke of Tab
step 8 thru 17 - Type Keystroke of Left Arrow key
step 18 thru ? - however many to bring the slider back up
gb2
Site Admin

Return to QKM General Discussion