Suppress warning dialog

Suppress warning dialog

Postby virtual Bob » Tue May 17, 2016 9:21 pm

I have an older iMac running Snow Leopard and have no intention of upgrading it due to legacy apps. However, when I plug in my iPhone 5, iTunes brings up a dialog saying I need to update iTunes, which I can't as its not supported. Its annoying as it happens every time.

Is there any way QuicKeys can suppress this warning?

Thanks
virtual Bob

Re: Suppress warning dialog

Postby gb2 » Wed May 18, 2016 9:15 am

it depends - if iTunes is launched and the dialog presented from within iTunes then you could have a shortcut scoped to iTunes that has a trigger of "app event" set to "X seconds after iTunes opens" and do whatever steps you need to dismiss the dialog. If you have it already open you could also try a trigger of "app event" of if it "Becomes Front" and do some type of Decision steps of "Check for Button" or "Check for Window". If it isn't launching iTunes and it is the system putting up the dialog then not being able to reproduce the exact circumstances I wouldn't be able to suggest anything beyond the above.
gb2
Site Admin

Re: Suppress warning dialog

Postby virtual Bob » Tue May 24, 2016 12:58 am

For some reason my previous reply didn't get published. I found that the dialog will appear even when iTunes is behind another app, so I assigned the script to the F15 key and it works a treat. Nag - F15 - gone! Thanks gb2.
virtual Bob

Return to QKM General Discussion