USB Keyboard suddenly stops working -Sierra

USB Keyboard suddenly stops working -Sierra

Postby mastermiki » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:42 am

Hi all,

I'm experiencing a strange phenom under Sierra, I have a USB keyboard and was running QuicKeys just fine under El Capitan. After updating to Sierra after a while the typing of text will simply stop in random applications as I'm typing be it TextEdit, Chrome, Photoshop, Firefox, whatever. I started uninstalling and testing various installed utilities and so far I tracked it down to QuicKeys. I have reset the SMC in the PRAM. I checked to make sure that sticky keys is unchecked under accessibility.

When I test this configuration while QuicKeys is running I get the same annoying bug randomly. If I quit QuicKeys, the keyboard works just fine under all applications. I wanted to see if anybody else is experiencing this strange random issue under Sierra or not? I really miss QuicKeys when it's not running :(
mastermiki

Re: USB Keyboard suddenly stops working -Sierra

Postby gb2 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:39 am

there have been no other reports of such a problem. The only possible way that it might be caused by QuicKeys is if you have a shortcut that uses something like a "Wait for" step. When it stops working look at the QuicKeys menu in the Menu bar and see if it is stuck on a certain shortcut. Also when the keyboard stops working if you quit QuicKeys does it start working right way? Otherwise I would suggest you use the following link to Contact Support directly.
gb2
Site Admin

Return to QKM General Discussion