QuicKeys 4 and macOS High Sierra - Still Works :)

QuicKeys 4 and macOS High Sierra - Still Works :)

Postby jerrykrinock » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:22 pm

I've been using QuicKeys 4.0.7 with beta builds of macOS 10.13 High Sierra for the last month, and surprisingly I've had zero problems. Note that I use QuicKeys mainly for Type Text shortcuts.

This is even better than previous macOS versions in which you sometimes get the 30-second delay and need to fix the app nap thing once in a while. Of course, I've been using QuicKeys with Mavericks, Yosemite, El Capitan and Sierra and have previously done that and the other measures which are given in other topics on this board. But it looks like the upgrade to High Sierra is a just works experience.
jerrykrinock

Re: QuicKeys 4 and macOS High Sierra - Still Works :)

Postby scoop1 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:58 pm

I confirm that in High Sierra QuicKeys worked without needing any change. As with other recent Mac systems, to get it to work, you need to

Go to: Prefs
Go to: Security
Go to: Accessibility
Go to: QuicKeys : tick the box
Go to: QuicKeys Helper: tick the box.

I have got about 100 QuicKeys shortcuts and I would not bother to get out of bed in the morning if QuicKeys was not there.
scoop1

Postby psychle » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:49 am

I'm 73 y/o and have been using QuicKeys for many, many years. My memories getting worse, so QK is a real help. I'm amazed and very grateful that it still is working w/o significant upgrades. Someone has done, or is doing, a fantastic job. Kudos to Startly and Apple.
psychle

Postby johnwd3 » Mon May 14, 2018 1:44 pm

I agree with the previous posts - "Kudos to Startly and Apple" - well said psyche!
Startly PLEASE keep it alive - I am sure that others like us would being willing to pay for an upgrade! Reactivate your News Letter and keep let us know what up?
It has been a fantastic program - been using it forever and don't even think of all the keystrokes to do almost anything.
johnwd3

Return to QKM General Discussion