Confused about pop-up menus

End user supplied how to documents and discussion.

Confused about pop-up menus

Postby polyvox » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:45 pm

In Adobe Illustrator CS2 (I know, I know) I want to export a file, name it, direct it to the right folder and (here's the dilemma) format the file as a JPEG file. In the "EXPORT" window there is a drop-down menu called FORMAT. It is there that I have the option to make the file a JPEG. But I can't get QuicKeys to do that for me. I have tried using the Pop-up Menu shortcut, but I don't seem to understand it well enough to get it to work. Wrong shortcut? More likely user ignorance. Sorry if I am not being clear. I'm sure, with some assistance, clarity will emerge.

Anyone?

By the way, I am grateful for all the help I have gotten in this forum. I am, in fact, getting better at this macro thing, thanks to all you generous people. I am using Mac OS 10.6.8 and QuicKeys 4.0.7
polyvox

Re: Confused about pop-up menus

Postby gb2 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:14 am

it depends on if it is a true pop-up menu. Adobe products specially one that old may not be using real system pop-ups that QuicKeys can interact with. First thing you should use the "Choose Pop-Up Menu" button within the Pop-Up Menu shortcut step. If the pop-up doesn't change color when you then more over it that which looks like a pop-up isn't really a pop-up. If it doesn't turn color then you will have to probably use a "Click" step.
gb2
Site Admin

Return to QKM How Tos