Automate switching multiple shorcuts on/off, like profiles

End user supplied how to documents and discussion.

Automate switching multiple shorcuts on/off, like profiles

Postby llwalahoop » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:41 am

I'm using QuicKeys 4.0.7 on Mac OS X 10.6.8

There are multiple users using the same user profile but would like to have their own shortcuts in addition to "global" shortcuts. I'm working on an idea using certain naming to recognize each users own shortcuts to make it easier to switch them on and off. I've been trying to figure out a way to do this using perhaps variables but that really hasn't got me far. Is there a way to achieve this sort of behavior needed?
llwalahoop

Re: Automate switching multiple shorcuts on/off, like profiles

Postby gb2 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:42 am

you could do a pretty good job of this by using Subscopes found on page 89 of the manual. Each user would have to create their shortcuts for the All Applications scope or for a specific programs scope and then add their name or something unique as the subscope name on each one. You could use the shortcut step "Switch Subscope" to work out a way for each user to switch to their subscopes. They would change the subscope to their All Applications subscope first and then they would have to change it in each of the other programs they want to run after they are in that program.
gb2
Site Admin

Re: Automate switching multiple shorcuts on/off, like profiles

Postby llwalahoop » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:33 am

Great big thanks to you!
I had a few tough moments with this but as it turns out, every user only needs shortcuts on one specific application, so it was almost easier done than said!
llwalahoop

Return to QKM How Tos