Cannot get Logitech mouse to trigger a shortcut

End user supplied how to documents and discussion.

Cannot get Logitech mouse to trigger a shortcut

Postby dunbarx » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:08 am

Hi.

Title tells it all. I am trying to use a Logitech "Cordless Mouseman Optical". It is old, if that matters.

Anyway, the failed shortcut has "device" selected, but no matter what alternate button I select, the shortcut will not fire. Every time I try to set the trigger in the editor with the "set action..." in the current scope, I get a "No trigger action was set" dialog. I do indeed push the button during the setup time.

The shortcut works fine when I change the trigger to a keyboard hotkey. But I really want this particular shortcut to trigger from the right button on the mouse.

Help?

Craig Newman
dunbarx

Re: Cannot get Logitech mouse to trigger a shortcut

Postby dunbarx » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:29 am

I made it work by setting the mouse itself to simulate a hotkey, and setting the trigger in the QK editor to invoke that hotKey. But I still wonder why I cannot do this all from the QK editor.

Craig
dunbarx

Re: Cannot get Logitech mouse to trigger a shortcut

Postby gb2 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:47 am

if you have some driver software installed for the device it could be not written properly to allow through the hid commands. If you aren't using any of the features of the driver software the I would remove the driver and try again. If you are using something in the driver software if it has a feature to setup the buttons to do things like launch applications then use that feature and select the QuicKeys shortcut that you want to trigger from within it.
gb2
Site Admin

Return to QKM How Tos