Selecting Dropdown Menus

Selecting Dropdown Menus

Postby mikemortilla » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:11 pm

The Mac Cocoa standard (unless I misunderstand it) supports drop down menus from the little triangle usually found in the upper right of a window. For example, in Photoshop when you have a pallet open (such as layers, colors, etc.) Several programs have now implemented this (I need it for Digital Performer 6 from MOTU.com).

This would be a real time saver for a lot of folks. We already have menu and pop up menus for shortcuts. Can we please get drop down menus too now?

Pretty please!!! :D

ps- I know I can select drop downs via record, the problem is the location of the triangle changes in DP depending on what is being viewed.

QK 3.2.2 (27); Mac OS X 10.5.4; G5 PPC Dual 2.0; 4GB RAM.
mikemortilla

Postby gb2 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:23 pm

I believe that those controls are custom made controls and not part of Cocoa's Interface Builder yet. Using a program to check what type of control they are in PhotoShop because I don't have Digital Performer, rolling over it just it just shows that it sees the window and nothing else. You should be able to access them using a Click. I don't know about Digital Performer but I would think that it would be in the same place in the palette all the time. You might just have to use the Click Relative to Window but change the Corner from upper left to upper right corner.
gb2
Site Admin

Postby mikemortilla » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:25 pm

gb2 wrote:I believe that those controls are custom made controls and not part of Cocoa's Interface Builder yet. Using a program to check what type of control they are in PhotoShop because I don't have Digital Performer, rolling over it just it just shows that it sees the window and nothing else. You should be able to access them using a Click. I don't know about Digital Performer but I would think that it would be in the same place in the palette all the time. You might just have to use the Click Relative to Window but change the Corner from upper left to upper right corner.

Thanks. I'll have to look at it again with your comments in hand.
mikemortilla

Return to QKM Feature Requests