Handling scores of TypeText menu triggers

Handling scores of TypeText menu triggers

Postby ibonewits » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:02 pm

About the only thing I use QuicKeys for is the TypeText function, of which I have 80+ defined. I use the pulldown Q menu to trigger most of them, but the menu now stretches down below the screen bottom, so I have to hold the mouse key while scrolling down to the lower ones. This is causing repetitive stress pain.

Is there a way to put sub-menu folders into the pulldown Q menu?

Alternately, is there a way to put folders inside tab menus?

Either way, I could group text strings that are related, finding them faster and causing less pain.
ibonewits

Re: Handling scores of TypeText menu triggers

Postby gb2 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:21 pm

already entered in our Feature request database as ID - 3667

you can click in the menu and release right away and the menu will stay open and you just have to move the mouse down to what you want and then click to select it.

you could also setup a QuicKeys toolbar set to display the names only vertically and you could group them together how you want by making different tabs. A single hot key would show and hide it.
gb2
Site Admin

Re: Handling scores of TypeText menu triggers

Postby gb2 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:44 pm

someone else had the suggestion to use QuicKeys Clips. It brings up a dialog and you can pick a clip to paste in. You can create groups of clips kind of like you were talking about for the menu. The only thing is that you would have to convert all your Type Text shortcuts to Clips. You can find it explained in the manual on page 139.
gb2
Site Admin

Return to QKM Feature Requests