Wish-list

Wish-list

Postby Sethman » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:25 am

Hey!
I'm using QuicKeys a lot in my daily work and it's a wonderful application that I miss like crazy when I'm at a computer that hasn't got it.

But there are some things that bug me and a few things that would make QuicKeys even better. I'm sure a lot of this has been talked about here before but it can't hurt to bring it up again.

I know it's a bit late for Christmas, but this is my wish list.

In the Editor
• The QuicKeys Editor gets very cluttered when you have a lot of shortcuts for a scope. I'd like to see some way of sorting here. Like folders, commenting or coloring.
• I'd love to see Record working better. I remember back in OS9 when it worked like a charm, now it's mostly useless.
• Locking the machine during the playback of a shortcut. Making sure that for example a iCal alarm won't cut in, in the middle of a playback.
• Give "Stop Playback" a shortcut. As it often is necessary to stop playback.
• A Shortcut to Export and Import in QuicKeys and the possibility to import more shortcut files than just one at a time.
• In the Editor; a Duplicate function in the Edit menu.
• I'd love to see a gallery of icons for the shortcuts.

Toolbars
• Being able to Export & Import toolbars and their Shortcuts.
• Ability to fold up the Toolbars when not needed, so that only the name of it is visible.
• Sub menus to shortcuts in the toolbar. Something like when you click on a folder in your dock, in OS X 10.5.
• Possibility to customize the toolbars more. Removing the Name to slim it down, having it translucent, changing color, font size, alignment, removing the background.
• Changing the time for the "mouse over" text to appear.
• Being able to change Icon Size easier, as you only want 16, 32, 64 or 128 to keep the icons smooth. The slider is really annoying to get exact.

And a few bugs
• As of OS X 10.5 the "mouse over" shortcuts in Toolbars has stopped working.
• When you change the name of a shortcut that's used in a Toolbar set to "Name Only", horizontal, the Toolbar gets bigger and broader even if you shorten the name.
Sethman

Re: Wish-list

Postby gb2 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:05 am

thanks - entered into our database

Note: there is already a Duplicate Shortcuts item in the Edit menu.
gb2
Site Admin

Postby Sethman » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:09 am

Ah nice! I didn't know that one. I still would like to have Duplicate when you are editing the shortcut steps.

Best regards
//Seth
Sethman

Postby gb2 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:12 am

I've added that to the feature request database. Work around is copy and paste.
gb2
Site Admin

Postby bena » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:38 am

FYI... you can duplicate a step by clicking on it while pressing OPTION key, then just drag it to it's new location.
bena

Return to QKM Feature Requests