FileMaker Pro and Web Form Filling

FileMaker Pro and Web Form Filling

Postby bena » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:42 pm

I need to create macros that take data from FileMaker Pro and insert the data into a web form. I have a solution currently that steps through each data field and copies it, but you have to put pauses in because MAC OS takes a bit to copy to the clipboard.

If I could export the FMP records to a txt file and have QK be able to load the file directly and assign variables, this would be a much quicker solution to execute.

IF you could read a Spread Sheet file, that would be even better, because now instead reading one record at a time, you could load hundreds of records to fill out the web forms and step through each record by incrementing the Column +1. The Spread Sheet format will also help in that each cell position is hard wired to to a specific variable. If you were only using a comma delimited file, if you were missing a piece of data, it can throw off the variables after it.

Of course Maybe the best solution is to create a FileMaker Plugin that can get the data and pass it to QK. If you could then have a FMP button trigger a QK macro from with in FMP that would be amazing.

Any thoughts on this?
bena

Re: FileMaker Pro and Web Form Filling

Postby gb2 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:44 am

you could probably write a QuicKeys Function that is written in AppleScript to read the file and then put the values into QuicKey variables. You could get help on the reading and parsing the file here: Macscripter.net
gb2
Site Admin

Return to QKM Feature Requests