Restore Keystroke & Pause to the Edit window Toolbar

Restore Keystroke & Pause to the Edit window Toolbar

Postby Ward » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:54 pm

I'm becoming comfortable with the UI changes from QuicKeys X3 to QuicKeys 4.

However, the new Edit window Toolbar (the gray button bar at the top) is a big step backward in usability. If I recall correctly, the X3 Edit Toolbar included buttons for inserting Type Keystroke and Pause steps. I used these constantly because those two steps probably account for 50% of my additions to a shortcut sequence when I'm creating a shortcut from scratch or editing a recording.

In QuicKey 4, Type Keystroke and Pause are hidden in sub-menus of the Add Step menu.

It looks like to see if I can use QuicKeys 4 to simplify editing in QuicKeys 4.

Please, please enhance Customize Toolbar in the Edit window to allow users to easily insert favorite actions.

-- Ward
Ward

Re: Restore Keystroke & Pause to the Edit window Toolbar

Postby gb2 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:01 pm

select "Open Shortcut Actions Palette" at the bottom of the Create menu. Add the steps you use the most to Favorites. Manage how they appear in QuicKeys preferences under the Appearance tab.
gb2
Site Admin

Re: Restore Keystroke & Pause to the Edit window Toolbar

Postby Ward » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:31 pm

Thanks for the pointer to Shortcut Actions Palette. I've now added Pause and Type Keystroke to the favorites section of the Create menu (in the QuicKeys menu bar) and the Add Step menu in the Edit Shortcut Steps bar.

This is an improvement over searching thru sub-mens, but it doesn't bring back the X3-style Toolbar buttons.

There's a bunch of valuable UI real estate between Record More and Rename that would be ideal for 3-4 favorite steps.

-- Ward
Ward

Return to QKM Feature Requests