User-guide error (Help menu)

User-guide error (Help menu)

Postby Syncopator » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:12 am

p. 30 of the qk4 user guide shows the blue search bar in the help menu that's typically standard in osx leopard. i've grown quite accustomed to using that search bar to help me locate menu commands whose location i can't remember. (it's one of my favorite features in leopard.)

so, again, it's pictured in the qk4 user guide -- yet, it's not actually present in the app. why?

I'm aware there's another search bar in the create menu, but it serves a different purpose than the one that should be in the help menu; it's for searching for actions to include in new shortcuts. if the help-menu search was removed to eliminate confusion, i'd like to suggest that it be returned -- and that the one in the create menu be renamed "Search for Actions."
Syncopator

Re: User-guide error (Help menu)

Postby jim » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:15 am

Do you happen to have QuicKeys set to be hidden from the dock? If so, that would be the reason you aren't seeing a Help menu search field. It's a known issue (a side effect from how QuicKeys has to set itself hidden).
jim
Site Admin

Postby Syncopator » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:21 pm

yes, i do have it hidden. is a fix possibly coming? or is this a permanent caveat?

thanks.
Syncopator

Postby jim » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:39 pm

It is unfortunately permanent for the foreseeable future.
jim
Site Admin

Postby Syncopator » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:56 pm

ok. thanks for the information.
Syncopator

Return to QKM Feature Requests