Client/server version

Client/server version

Postby Optimac » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:28 am

I have used QuicKeys superficially for about a year now. As an Apple consultant, I challenge myself to learn new skills that will be helpful to my clients. I recently decided to develop proficiency with QuicKeys and have been reading through your user guide. I am most impressed, not only with the functionality of QuicKeys but also the meticulous user guide. Very nice job on both fronts. I noticed that you haven't released an update since December 09, and while I think the current feature set is top notch, I just hope that you still intend to keep this app alive and actively developed. One feature that would be hugely beneficial is to have a client/server version. I work specifically in private practice healthcare. Implementing an electronic medical record (EMR) system is a very big deal these days, backed by significant government reimbursement incentives. The #1 resistance factor is ease-of-use. I fortunately work with an exceptional solution, MacPractice, but there are several ways that I can automate repetitive processes in MacPractice using QuicKeys. Having a centralized library that I can point clients to would be ideal. I haven't tried using a 3rd party app such as Dropbox for this purpose, yet. Wondering if anyone else has and what the experience has been like. It's got to be rock solid and I've found in some instances with apps like TextExpander using Dropbox to share a snippets library, problems arise in a large multi-user active environment. Thanks for building an extraordinary solution and here's to continued active development!
Optimac

Re: Client/server version

Postby gb2 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:39 am

check out Appendix F - Sharing Shortcuts in the manual
gb2
Site Admin

Re: Client/server version

Postby Optimac » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:50 am

@gb2, thanks for your response. I did read through that functionality in the appendix. This is feasible, but not practical for deploying at client sites. Too many possibilities for operator error. I do think a formal client/server arrangement, with user access permissions and "flip the switch" simplicity, would be ideal and necessary before I would comfortably recommend and implement this solution for multi-user environments.
Optimac

Return to QKM Feature Requests