Add Description for shortcut

Add Description for shortcut

Postby RPerez007 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:16 am

I have written many QuicKeys shortcuts used in our company and I keep print outs of the steps in a binder so in case I get hit by a truck, someone else could follow in behind me.

When I print out a shortcut I get that cool header across the top stating the name of the macro next to the QK icon. Maybe right below that a text field could show. In my case, if I had a misc text field somewhere within QuicKeys with each macro and then the contents of that text field would show on the print out header, then I could type a description of what the macro does as a summary.

I would also use this field to type in what my trigger(s) for the macro is.

Hope someone else could find this useful. :)
RPerez007

Re: Add Description for shortcut

Postby gb2 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:42 am

QuicKeys already has a place to put Shortcut and Step comments. Thanks for the feedback. Right now you could put a Type Text step in the shortcut that is turned off and put whatever text in it that you want and it would print. A backup of the shortcuts would be a good thing also.
gb2
Site Admin

Postby RPerez007 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:48 am

:? WOW - That threw me for a loop. A bit of miscommunication.
I should have specified that I open a shortcut to display all the steps, I have all the steps "minimized" so I only see the title of the steps as I have typed them. I then do a print out from that screen.

Your answer appears to be based that I would do a print out from the main QuicKeys Editor window. Now I see the comments when I turn on View Shortcut Information from the view menu and I'm in the shortcut editing window. They do appear on my print but only when I print from the main QuicKeys Editor window.

But what I would really like to to see are the comments printed on the header when I print from the shortcut editing window.

I've included some screen shots to make my request clearer - should have done this the first time.

This is the screen I print from:

And this is artwork for what I would like to see: The comment appearing below the shortcut name in the header.

Would this be helpful for anyone else? I could be the lone wolf on this and in that case it would not be worth the development time. :(
But thanks for the response! You guys do a great job on support for QuicKeys users.
RPerez007

Postby gb2 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:17 am

I understood what you wanted and said thanks for the feedback that I have entered into our database. What I was saying that you could get the feature now by adding a Type Text step and putting your comment in it and disabling the step so that it does execute like this:

and it would print out like this:
gb2
Site Admin

Return to QKM Feature Requests