Ability to change sticky triggers display

Ability to change sticky triggers display

Postby Syncopator » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:23 pm

Is there any way to change the the appearance and/or location of the large, white letters that appear when you initiate a sticky trigger? I find them difficult to read.

Something tells me the answer is no, but I'm asking anyway.

I wish the characters had a shadow or a border (just like finder-icon text) to make them stand out against the desktop and the icons that are inevitably on the desktop. I also wish I could move the display to the center of the screen, rather than the upper right.

Thanks.
Syncopator

Postby gb2 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:52 am

sorry I believe they are standard Apple routines and what you see is what you get.
gb2
Site Admin

Re:

Postby Syncopator » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:49 am

Wow. I searched for previous posts on this topic, and I see I posted it, myself, 3 years ago. :!:

I still find the sticky-triggers display difficult to read.

I'm curious about the display being "standard Apple routines." Upon testing the sticky-keys feature in the Universal Access preference pane, I've noticed Apple's trigger display looks quite different from QK's display. Is it possible that now, in Leopard, developers are able to customize the display to some extent?

While I have the utmost appreciation for clean, minimalist UI design, it would be nice to have a clearer display of the triggers in QK. Perhaps a darker gray bubble around the white letters -- and, more specifically, less transparency. While I understand the idea behind using transparency (so the user can see what's going on underneath the display), I find it a hindrance more than a help. (To accommodate various users' needs, this would be an ideal candidate for a user preference. Perhaps a slider by which a user could select the preferred amount of transparency. I've seen such a feature in various other apps.)

Thanks.
Syncopator

Re: Ability to change sticky triggers display

Postby gb2 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:52 am

thanks for the feedback - you might try Abbreviations to replace chained triggers.
gb2
Site Admin

Postby Syncopator » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:02 am

Thanks, but the shortcuts for which I use sticky triggers are rather varied -- menu selections, clicks, items opening, and such. So, abbreviations don't apply in this case.
Syncopator

Postby gb2 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:18 am

Note: Abbreviations can trigger a shortcut or a clip besides the normal entering text. True, not all situations would work with the triggering a shortcut or clip.
gb2
Site Admin

Postby Syncopator » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:19 pm

OK. Now I see what you mean. I'll look into that, for situations in which it would apply. Thanks for clarifying.
Syncopator

Return to QKM Feature Requests