Make Confirmation of 'Debugging On' optional, or…

Make Confirmation of 'Debugging On' optional, or…

Postby russkirk » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:51 pm

The Debugging toggle pops up a confirmation (yes/no) window when you activate debugging. This is annoying (yeah, I have to debug a lot *sigh*) as the button isn't one I'd ever accidentally click.

Or, could that pop-up contain a box for entering the step number you want to start debugging at?

Or, being greedy, both?

When you're debugging (think '100+ step shortcut' here) and discover the (or only 'an') error, you have to stop the shortcut in order to open it and change the step. If I leave my cursor at the spot I noted the error, I can't begin again from that spot. That increases the debugging time inordinately.

In this example, I'm using QKM to drastically condense long standard text message so that I can print the parts I need on 1/2 page of paper. Unfortunately, the source of these messages keeps screwing around with the format, so I frequently have to adjust my shortcuts.
russkirk

Postby gb2 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:59 pm

entered as feature request - ID 3849
gb2
Site Admin

Postby russkirk » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:09 pm

gb2 wrote:entered as feature request - ID 3849
Wow! That was fast. I wish I'd known about this forum a LONG time ago. (I go back to QK 1 or 2, I think, probably still have the floppies around here somewhere).

Thanks! :D
russkirk

Postby gb2 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:05 am

I want to make sure you are clear that just because something has been entered as a feature request doesn't mean that it is guaranteed to be put into the program or if it is considered in what version it may show up in.
gb2
Site Admin

Postby russkirk » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:18 am

Understood. Just not used to response times this quick. I know that updates to QK aren't that frequent, so I'll hope it makes it into the next one, whenever that might be.
russkirk

Return to QKM Feature Requests