Location of "Choose Menu…" button in Menu Selection

Location of "Choose Menu…" button in Menu Selection

Postby Syncopator » Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:47 pm

(I took a screenshot to accompany my post, but it appears attachments have been disabled in this forum.)

It's always struck me as odd that in the Menu Selection shortcut window, the "Choose Menu…" button is located beneath the Menu and Menu Items details section. The "Choose Menu…" button is by far the simpler (and usually more effective) way to select a menu command, so I don't understand why it follows the section containing the more difficult method.

Even though I've used QK for nearly 15 years, each time I open this window, I have to think twice -- as my eye moves naturally, from top to bottom -- and tell myself to "skip over" that larger, white box, in favor of the button beneath it.

I suppose I'm essentially accustomed to it, but I can't help but wonder if this isn't somewhat confusing for new users. If the "Choose Menu…" button were above the Menu and Menu Items box, users would use the button first and would find that the next section is filled in automatically.

Moving the button would be a workflow improvement and would simplify the process for less-experienced users.

Just a thought....
Syncopator

Postby gb2 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:34 am

entered as feature request - ID 3869
gb2
Site Admin

Postby Syncopator » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:34 pm

Thanks. :-)
Syncopator

Return to QKM Feature Requests