Prevent "key repeat" from re-activating an action

Prevent "key repeat" from re-activating an action

Postby EditFast » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:04 am

I use a QKW action to close the frontmost window in any application. But unless I am very quick in entering the keystroke to trigger it, QK repeats it--this time trying to close the next window that is still open. (I could make the computer's "repeat delay" for keys very long; but that would cause worse problems.) I apparently need a way to make QKW ignore further inputs from the keyboard for a time (such as 1 second) after the action or sequence has been triggered.

I have tried adding waits of up to 5 seconds, or even more, in a QKW sequence below the command line that closes the frontmost window, but that does no good--the "close window" sequence is executed again almost instantly after the frontmost window closes. Is there any way to do what I'm trying to do?

QKW version: 3.0.3
EditFast

Re: Prevent "key repeat" from re-activating an action

Postby gb2 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:24 am

first let me say that QuicKeys is only supported up to Windows XP and I have never heard of such a problem so it might have something to do with running it under Windows 7. There is nothing you can add to the action to make it wait because it probably has already seen two presses before it starts executing what is in the action. You don't say exactly what the action or actions are that you are using to close the window. If this was a problem with QuicKeys itself I would believe that you would have the same problem with other actions triggering twice. Have you checked to make sure you don't have a duplicate of the action with the same hot key? Have you tried triggering it from the QuicKeys Menu and see if it does it from there also? Or changed the hot key that triggers that action to see if that help.
gb2
Site Admin

Return to QKW General Discussion