Mouse Click XY Coordinates are Off

Mouse Click XY Coordinates are Off

Postby bowman721 » Wed May 28, 2014 11:10 am

Until recently I had a sequence that worked beautifully. For some reason today it started generating an error. I traced it down to a mouse click. It appears the mouse click is not happening at the XY coordinates I have specified. I've tried rebuilding this, confirmed it has the right coordinates and window information, and everything I can figure out to troubleshoot it. Does anyone have any idea why the coordinates would not be working?
bowman721

Re: Mouse Click XY Coordinates are Off

Postby gb2 » Wed May 28, 2014 3:26 pm

I've not heard of anything like this before. What version of QuicKeys and OS? What is the program? Have you tried restarting the machine? Did the application or OS change or have you added anything new to the system? Something outside of QuicKeys must have changed.
gb2
Site Admin

Postby bowman721 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:53 pm

Windows 7, QuicKeys 3.0.3, the program is a simple PDF utility for our scanner. To the best of my knowledge nothing changed. It worked for months and suddenly doesnt work now. All other QuicKeys features seem to work except the Mouse Click.
bowman721

Postby gb2 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:02 am

QuicKeys is only supported up to Windows XP, yet I've never heard of anything like you are describing. If you are saying that the Click steps are clicking but not in the correct location then I'd have to say there is some other 3rd party utility that is missing with the coordinates and you would have to systematically not running things and see if it fixes the problem. You could also try to adjust the clicks so they do work. If you have another machine that doesn't have as much things installed on it try it there.
gb2
Site Admin

Postby bowman721 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:09 am

I've spent quite a bit of time trying to troubleshoot with no success. Sometimes its hard to tell if a mouse click is functioning or not. As best I can tell, they are not. But I could be mistaken. Deactivating other items and testing is the right approach. I'll try that when time allows.
bowman721

Postby gb2 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:06 am

you might want to check this post out: QuicKeys not working in Win7Pro SP/1 SOLVED. Specifically the part about User Account Control (UAC).
gb2
Site Admin

Return to QKW General Discussion