QuicKeys and Vista???

Re: QuicKeys and Vista???

Postby gb2 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:41 am

You can keep an eye on the forum or our website for updates or sign up for the Mailing List. At this time there is no news.
gb2
Site Admin

Postby gr3gw » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:34 pm

Hello GB2 and others. I've been absent from this forum for some considerable time and, like other long time users of QuicKeys, I'm dumbfounded by the lack of attention to the product.

Anyway, 12 months ago I was forced to accept Vista as my operating system and now I'm re-establishing my QK shortcuts. I'm just wondering if the oddities I'm noticing are due to Vista or not having attempted the actions before.

1) QuicKeys will not accept 'Windows/D' as a keystroke.
2) At least one program that sets its own universal keys gets precedence over QuicKey's universal keys. I'm sure QuicKeys could over-ride everything in XP.
gr3gw

Postby gb2 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:13 am

1) QuicKeys couldn't override Windows+D in XP either.
2) I haven't heard of any programs doing that in XP - if I knew what program it was and had it I could try it under XP
gb2
Site Admin

Postby billearl » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:31 pm

Hello gb,

The most recent update of QuicKeys for Windows is dated Sep 25, 2006, almost five years ago.

On Aug 16, 2007, you wrote, "what I'm hearing is that QuicKeys is requiring a major rewrite for Vista and taking longer than expected. The next version will probably be a paid upgrade that also includes new features."

In the interest of business credibility, I think Startly owes its customers a formal statement regarding the status of QuicKeys for Windows development. Five years is a long time.

Bill Earl
billearl

Postby WIRND » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:01 pm

Bill, Don't expect a response. See the Windows 7 posts - there's more information there (unless you're using Vista, of course).
WIRND

Previous

Return to QKW General Discussion