Variables Stopped Working

End user supplied how to documents and discussion.

Variables Stopped Working

Postby VDO-Cutter » Mon May 10, 2010 7:34 pm

I have a few dozen sequences that use variables. Last week I needed a single sequence with about 15 unique variables. After I created them, I noticed none of them worked. They didn't change when assigned to do so. THEN I noticed NONE of the variables were working - rendering about half of my sequences useless. The variables just stopped working. After I run sequences with vars. I check the Variables window - nothing changes, and needless to say, the sequence doesn't do what I needed it to do.

I deleted the newly created vars, reinstalled the application, rebuilt the pre-existing vars, recreated the ASSIGN VAR steps, nothing helps. There are no spaces in the var names. Are there other rules I don't know about? This is a catastrophic cluster... mess. Any ideas?
VDO-Cutter

Re: Variables Stopped Working

Postby gb2 » Tue May 11, 2010 10:17 am

check your variables again to make sure they don't have a space in them and if you don't find anything wrong with them use the following link to Contact Support. I'll want you to send in some of your files so that I can install them on my machine.
gb2
Site Admin

Re: Variables Stopped Working

Postby VDO-Cutter » Thu May 13, 2010 6:46 pm

STOP THE PRESSES

I removed the dashes (there were 2) from the var titles - ALL WORKIE NOW!
VDO-Cutter

Return to QKW How Tos