How to create sequence for numbered folders.

End user supplied how to documents and discussion.

How to create sequence for numbered folders.

Postby thumpasorus » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:21 pm

I am new to QuicKeys and I am using v3.0.3 on Windows XP.
I have created a sequence in my Pro Tools music software so that I can access a new session every time using the same sequence and hot key.
I have 15 folders all with just a number as the name of folder listed 1-15. Every time I hit the hot key I want to advance to the next numbered folder in my sequence.
example first time I run the sequence it opens number 1 folder and opens and runs session,
second time I run the sequence it opens number 2 folder and opens and runs session,
How can I program the sequence to progress to the next numbered folder every time I hit the hot key.

I appreciate any help any one can give so I thank you in advance.
thumpasorus

Re: How to create sequence for numbered folders.

Postby gb2 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:55 pm

one way is you could use Variables. Create an action using an Assign Variable step to set the initial value of the variable. Another action that uses the Insert Variable step to type the value of the variable and then an Assign Variable in another step to add one to the variable. You would have to have already done the necessary steps to get the Open dialog up so the number would be typed into the File name field.
gb2
Site Admin

Re: How to create sequence for numbered folders.

Postby thumpasorus » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:13 pm

Thank you so much for your speedy reply gb2 I was at my wits end trying to figure this out .
I was reading the manual over and over trying to understand the variables but still wasn't fully understanding it all as there was no step by step in the manual to follow . I will try again with your suggestions, I am just not sure how to correctly place and construct the variable.
Thank you for your helping hand.
Be Blessed
thumpasorus

Return to QKW How Tos