Hot key doesn't work on Excel 2016

End user supplied how to documents and discussion.

Hot key doesn't work on Excel 2016

Postby feved » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:30 am

Hi there,

I use QuicKeys on my Windows7 Professional and it works fine, but I have a problem with Excel 2016.
It seems that any hot key works on it if I put Excel as Scope, but, if I use Universal, the hot key works but every step recorded of my sequence not.
Anyone has an idea to solve this? I work with thousands of lines everyday with Excel and I need some automation using QuicKeys to get faster.

thanks in advance!
feved

Re: Hot key doesn't work on Excel 2016

Postby gb2 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:12 am

first off let me say that QuicKeys is only supported up to Windows XP, but I don't understand your problem to know if it is a general problem or something with the unsupported OS. You say that you have the actions setup with a scope of Excel which is what you would want to do. I don't understand why you are switching to using Universal. Please explain in more detail your problem.
gb2
Site Admin

Postby feved » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:28 am

Hi,

thanks for your reply.
I don't think it's a OS problem also because I use QK without problems on software such as ProTools, Nuendo with their last versions.

I switch to Universal, because if I put Excel as scope, my hotkey (every kind of hotkeys tested) doesn't work, instead it works if I put Universal scope and try my action on Excel, but with universal scope all my keystrokes are wrong.

I try to explain better my problem.

I have recorded a sequence on Excel, but if I use Excel as scope, the hotkey doesn't work and I can't understand why (while in all others software it works, then I don't think it's a OS problem, but I can't garantee...).

I tried to find on the Web if there are some compatibility problems between Excel and QuicKeys, but I've found just some info for Mac Os and not for Windows.

I hope to be clearer.

Kind regards
feved

Postby gb2 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:32 am

I would say that it is a OS problem. See this post: Windows 7 Upgrade. Sounds like the same problem that gr3gw reported with Word. He gave possible work around later on with User Account Control (UAC).
gb2
Site Admin

Return to QKW How Tos