Description field for Mouse Clicks needs bolstering

Description field for Mouse Clicks needs bolstering

Postby gr3gw » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:50 am

The typical description of a Mouse click looks something like this:

Mouse Click [25, 5, 0, 5]

but this is grossly oversimplified for a function that has around 20 options.

The sheer size of all the options does make it seem like a huge job but here's my suggestion using a pseudo BN language.

Mouse {L|M|R} Button DOWN {WITH Ctl|Shift|Alt} ON {Screen|FPW|SpecificWin} POSITION [x1, y1,] FROM {TL|TR|BL|BR|CMP} AND Button UP ON {Screen|FPW|SpecificWin} POSITION [x2, y2] FROM {TL|TR|BL|BR|CMP}

I haven't used double click but it would start like this:

Mouse {L|M|R} Button Double Click {WITH Ctl|Shift|Alt} ON {Screen|FPW|SpecificWin} POSITION [x1, y1] FROM {TL|TR|BL|BR|CMP}

I don't know how much space there is in the description field but the above could easily be abbreviated once a syntax was confirmed.

Also, there could be an option in the Mouse Click definition dialog that toggled between the simple and comprehensive descriptions. The former being what we get now and the latter what is proposed above.
gr3gw

Postby gb2 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:37 am

already entered - ID 3979
gb2
Site Admin

Postby gr3gw » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:56 pm

Thanks gb2.

Are we able to access your database and get a status on the issues that have been passed to the developers. For example, ID 3979.

I was thinking, if we had access we could send supplementary information. The format I've just suggested for describing the Mouse Click setting description would be an example of extra info. If the contributions were in the form of a drop-box the developers wouldn't have to reply.
gr3gw

Postby gb2 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:56 am

sorry no access to our database - your comments were added. In fact it looked like it was your request in the first place submitted through an e-mail.
gb2
Site Admin

Return to QKW Feature Requests