Docktopus crashing with Item Size badge

Docktopus crashing with Item Size badge

Postby hiya » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:44 pm

Hello,
I'm using Docktopus on a MacBook Pro running snow leopard and when I try to add an Item Size badge to any folder or the trash, docktopus crashes (the program quits). When I try to restart docktopus, it crashes again before I have any chance to remove the badge. In order to get Docktopus working again, I have to manually go into "Dock Badges.plist" and remove the entry for the ItemSize badge. I've played around with the various options by manually changing them using the property list editor, but no combination that I've found prevents the program from crashing. I would very much like to use this feature, especially to keep track of my trash's size. Is there anything I can do/try to get it to work properly?
Thanks!
hiya

Re: Docktopus crashing with Item Size badge

Postby gb2 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:52 pm

what OS are you running it under? If you have the latest version 1.0.3 then please use the following link to Contact Support. We will reply and then you need to attach your crash logs for us to look at.
gb2
Site Admin

Re: Docktopus crashing with Item Size badge

Postby jim » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:07 pm

Docktopus has been updated to v1.0.4, which you can download here.

The problem you were experiencing was the result of Docktopus using symbols that have not only been deprecated but actually removed from the OS in 10.6. v1.0.4 no longer uses those symbols.
jim
Site Admin

Return to DK General Discussion