Wheel simulation

Wheel simulation

Postby EditFast » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:13 am

I'm trying to use QK shortcuts to scroll gradually down (or up) a page, in applications such as Word or an Internet browser. In earlier versions of OS 10 I did that by writing shortcuts to simulate mouse clicks on the scroll arrows at the top and bottom of the vertical scroll bar. Those scroll arrows have disappeared in OS 10.9.3. So I tried to do the same thing by making shortcuts to simulate mouse wheel operation. (For a good reason that we needn't go into here, I don't use a mouse with a wheel at work.) I was able to get such shortcuts to work briefly; but they soon stop working, or work only occasionally. Could this be related to the issue of whether QK is "active" that some posts on this site have mentioned? Or is there some other way to write a shortcut that will scroll up or down when an otherwise unused key (such as in the numeric keypad) is pressed?
EditFast

Re: Wheel simulation

Postby gb2 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:19 pm

use the Scroll Wheel shortcut step and on the trigger change the default from Trigger when pressed to Trigger when released and it should work. Make sure you have done the Prevent App Nap fix for QuicKeys also.
gb2
Site Admin

Return to QKM General Discussion