AppleScript property "bounds" of window

AppleScript property "bounds" of window

Postby Sepp » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:28 pm

Up to QK version 3, the AppleScript dictionary of QuicKeys contained a property "bounds" of class window. This seem to have been dropped in version 4. My shortcuts heavily depend on AppleScripts with QuicKeys and make a big use of the "bounds"-property to place windows (including those of QuicKeys) to the place I want to have them. I use actually still version 3.2.3, but would gladly update, if only the bounds"-property would be added to the AppleScript dictionary
Sepp

Re: AppleScript property "bounds" of window

Postby gb2 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:39 am

I've added it to our feature request database. The bounds missing in the QuicKeys Dictionary should only affect AppleScripts that are trying to work on QuicKeys windows. I have some QuicKeys shortcuts that use bounds for other programs that work fine.
gb2
Site Admin

Postby Sepp » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:39 pm

I'm a heavy user of QuicKeys (in fact, I wouldn't know how to work without it :-).
Although it's true that third party software which supports the bound property can still be accessed, I have to say that I use that feature also heavily and daily for properly ordering the QK editor and the shortcut windows side by side. That's the sole reason, why I did not yet upgrade to version 4....
Best regards
Sepp
Sepp

Postby Sepp » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:33 pm

I humbly try to relaunch that question again: Please add support for the bound property to QuicKeys windows. I really would like to upgrade to QK 4, but without that property, I have to stick as long as possible to version 3
Best regards
Sepp
Sepp

Postby gb2 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:02 pm

if you only want to resize the QuicKeys windows you should be able to use the Resize Window step to do what you were doing with the AppleScript.
gb2
Site Admin

Postby Sepp » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:37 am

Thanks for your hint. I did not know about this feature, but it does exactly what I wanted to do. I therefore ordered my upgrade today.
Sepp

Addendum on 16.05.12
Works exactly as I wanted. many thanks
Sepp
Sepp

Return to QKM Feature Requests